Saturday, May 24, 2008

Any way you look at it

13 days. 38 weeks, 1 day. 8 1/2 months. Less than two weeks. Any way you look at it I am about to pop. I feel like I am about to pop. There can't possibly be any room left for the baby to grow anymore. At my doctor's appointment on Friday, the doc said the baby is slowly moving lower and getting ready for labor. Then he asked if we have everything ready for the baby. Honestly I don't feel like we do. I still don't have a bag packed for he hospital. We still have to get bottles and the car seat ready. There are other things I want to have ready before the baby. This includes having everything set for Ben's birthday (because who knows if i will be in the hospital on his birthday), having all the materials for the baby's baptism gown, and having Father's day planned. There are also projects that I am going to have to put off indefinitely because of bed rest. These include having a garage sale and planting a garden. Part of me wants the baby to come soon, but then I think of everything I have to do while staying off my feet 8 hours a day, and I wouldn't mind if the baby is late. I just have to remember that God's timing is perfect and the baby will come at the right time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I will be praying for you as you approach this delivery! So exciting!!;)
And definately enjoy your next 13 days where baby #2 is totally taken care of without your conscious effort.... and get in some extra snuggles with Ben!
love and prayers,
Erica S

JRH said...

Congrats on Madeline! I love your blog!