Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where did the summer go?

I cannot believe preschool starts on Wednesday. I feel like I am ready, but at the same time still have so much to plan. I am really excited to have my own classroom this year. Technically it was a storage room but the principal kindly gave me the room instead of cancelling the two year old program all together... thanks to many requests from parents :) The past two years of teaching this class I have had to drag everything out of closets into a multipurpose room each week, and then put it all away when I was done. No more of that this year, thank goodness.
On top of starting school I am up to my ears in craft projects. This year we are making all the Christmas gifts for family. Actually it is more like I am making all the Christmas gifts which means I should have started last Christmas. Right now I am working on a quilt for my nephew. Next on the list will be some hemp diapers inserts for Maddie's cute new diapers. I found a website, www.diapercuts.com, where I can buy cotton/hemp terry and make inserts for about 1.50 each, when the cheapest I could buy pre-made inserts is 2.00 each. Exciting isn't it? If this works out I may tackle cloth diapers next.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I know the feeling. I started my first year teaching a few weeks ago, and I desperately miss summer!
Check out my blog for a fun little blog award for you!! :)

JRH said...

wow! if you figure it all out, I just might make you some business if we ever get matched for a baby! :)