Friday, December 21, 2007

Days like this...

Ben woke up last night at about 12:30, throwing up. This continued until about 8:30 this morning, and I am crossing my fingers that we have seen the last of it. Despite the fact that nobody got much sleep last night, I had to miss the Christmas luncheon today, and I am confined to the couch watching PBS with Ben all day; I am very thankful for days like this. It is times like this and I see how important being a mother is. Ben needs me to comfort him and take care of him. Where would sick babies be without mothers? I am so thankful that I am able to stay home with him and do the greatest job in the world... being a mother. As I cuddle my sick baby I think about how someday when he is sick, he is not going to need me to cuddle him, so I treasure these times. Of course if he is older and needs a cuddle, I will be there for him.

No comments: